Updated: Jul 25, 2022
France offers a vivid range of courses for students who wish to pursue higher education in this country. There are over 3,000 public universities to choose from. These universities specialise in various fields of study such as political studies, economics, engineering, design, business, etc.
University system in France
France has a dual university higher education system – the Universités and the Grandes Ecoles. The higher education system has the usual public universities and the Grandes Écoles, something very few non-French people have heard of. Grandes Ecoles are extraordinarily prestigious and selective and admit only a few hundred students each year.
The French government has introduced several policies that make it easy for international students to study undergraduate studies in France, as it subsidises education at all levels. While students are required to contribute to the cost of tuition, rates are relatively low. Private schools, particularly engineering and business schools, can be more expensive, with tuition rates similar to equivalent programs in other European countries.
The location of the school has an impact on the cost of living. Students can enjoy affordable tuition and knowledgeable professors in one of the world's most beautiful, culturally rich nations. Some French universities are top-rated as they offer plenty of programs taught in English.
Some of the top universities in France are as follows:
● SKEMA Business School - Member of the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles. The Skema Business School has three international accreditations (EQUIS, AACSB, AMBA) – among the 1% of business schools globally that hold the Triple Crown.
- Bachelor's Courses: Global BBA, BBA in International Business
- Master's Courses: MSC AUDITING, MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING & INFORMATION SYSTEMS, MSC SUSTAINABLE FINANCE & FINTECH, MSC LUXURY HOSPITALITY & INNOVATION, among others.
● Paris Sciences et Lettres – PSL Research University Paris - It ranks no. 1 in France and 45 in the World University ranking 2020.
- Bachelor's Courses: CPES Multidisciplinary Undergraduate degree, Undergraduate study at Dauphine - PSL, PSL Bachelor's degree - Sustainability sciences, Artistic creation: Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Communications degrees
- Master's Courses: Université PSL offers an entirely new course catalogue in every field – sciences, engineering, humanities, social sciences and the Arts.
● École des Ponts ParisTech - The diverse subjects taught include Arts & Humanities, Computer science, Engineering & Technology, Business & Economics, Social sciences to name a few. It ranks number 8 in France
● IMT Atlantique - They offer courses in engineering, with research in digital technology, energy, and the environment.
● Centrale Nantes - They bring together engineering, business studies, architecture, and design.
● École Polytechnique: It is a leading French institution that combines top-level research academics and focuses specifically on science and technology.
● The University of Paris - They offer a vivid range of courses, including arts, humanities, languages, social science, economics, science and technology, medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and nursing.